Monday, July 19, 2010

Heartbroken

Last week was very sad and difficult for our family. We lost our precious cat Jasmin after she donated blood at my work on Tuesday and didn't recover. She had done this once before and didn't have any problems. She got the same sedation and the same amount of blood was taken, but this time what we weren't aware of was that she had early heart disease. The combination of drugs and stress of the procedure on her little body caused her heart to fail completely and she died Friday night.

I miss her so much. I miss her waking me up for food in the morning, I miss her rubbing against my legs as she walked by, I miss her jumping up into the bathroom sink for water from the faucet, I miss her sneaking into bed with us and "making biscuits" on my arm until it hurt and I miss her greeting us at the door when we got home. I miss a lot of things.


After one of a few baths she got


She knew she was cute


Checking out the Easter eggs


She hated the collar but had to wear it
because she wouldn't leave her stitches
alone


Puzzle time





Crashing a game of Monopoly





Irritated, but tolerant


Some may say that she was just a cat, but she was much more than that to us.

Jasmin
2005-2010

1 comment:

wife.mom.nurse said...

oh, I am soooo sorry. She was beautiful.